Information for Booked Guests
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday, January 20, 2018
DEPARTURE CITY: Tampa, FL
SHIP: Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas
TERMINAL DOORS OPEN: 10:30 AM EST. Please do not arrive earlier.
BOARDING COMMENCEMENT TIME: 11:30 AM EST
MANDATORY BOARDING TIME: No later than 3:00 PM EST
SHIP DEPARTURE TIME: 4:00 PM EST
RETURN DATE: Thursday, January 25, 2018
RETURN TIME: 7:00 AM EST
SAFE DEADLINE: October, 31, 2017* Only applicable if you require special assistance and haven’t previously discussed your needs with a sales agent
* Please click here for more information about SAFE
Royal Caribbean requires ALL guests to PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT BOOK from their country of origin at embarkation. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than 6 months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is January 25, 2018, all passports must be valid through July 25, 2018. Guests with non-U.S. passports are responsible for obtaining whatever visas they need to disembark at any and all of the ports of call.
ONLINE CHECK-IN AT ROYAL CARIBBEAN
We strongly recommend guests complete their check-in online in order to greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal.
- If you are new to online check-in, go to Royal Carribbean and create a username/password. (Sign in if you have an existing login)
- Enter your Royal Caribbean Booking Number* for the Southern Rock Cruise—this number will be emailed to you approximately 8 weeks prior to sailing.
- Follow the instructions (please have your passport handy to complete this process). It will take about 10-15 minutes to fully complete your online check-in.
- Please remember to print the Royal Caribbean luggage tags. Do NOT apply to your luggage before your flight in case they rip or tear off your luggage enroute.
- Starting October 20th you can book spa appointments, indulgences, dinner reservations and shore excursions.
- Deadline to check-in online is close of business January 17, 2018. If you miss this deadline, you may complete our check-in process in the Port Tampa terminal on January 20th.
*Please note, you will have two numbers tied to your sailing - - a Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL) and a Booking Number from Royal Caribbean (RCL). You will use your SVL account to manage the aspects of this and future cruises including your guest information, payments, insurance and SVL add-ons. You will need your RCL Booking Number to check-in online in order to board the cruise ship and to make dinner reservations, purchase excursions, beverage packages, and spa appointments available from the ship.
LONG TERM PARKING AT THE PIER
Port Tampa Bay offers on-site valet parking for $95.00, and self-parking for $75.00 for five days. Handicap parking is complimentary only if there are ADA modifications done to the vehicle such as: hand controls, extended pedals, wheelchair ramp, etc. Also, 100% Disabled Veterans with ADA license placard will receive complimentary parking.
Each additional day is $15.00 per day. For more information go to https://www.porttb.com/parking or call 813-905-5072.
TRANSPORTATION FROM WESTIN TAMPA HARBOUR ISLAND HOTEL TO THE PIER
For just $14 per person, your luggage will be loaded at the hotel and delivered to the terminal. If interested in this service, you may purchase a transfer ticket on the morning of January 20, 2018 at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel from the transportation company (Elect Travel).
To add Hotel Transfers to your existing reservation, simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add Hotel Transfers. Call our reservationists at 844-677-6884 to find out more information about our Hotel Transfers.
This service is only offered from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel.
TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO PIER
Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Tampa Bay terminal:
- Royal Caribbean motor coach transfers ($22/person, one-way, $43 person round trip). Please email your requests to Royal Caribbean at RoyalcharterGuestTransfers@rccl.com to make transfer arrangements. Click here for details required prior to emailing your request.
- Taxi from Tampa airport (approximately $25)
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and secure your transportation at the end of our cruise.
BOARDING THE SHIP
Boarding will commence at 11:30 AM. Please carry all essential personal items (medications, passport, id, change of clothes if desired, etc.) with you when you board. Once you complete the boarding process, you can proceed directly to the ship. Lunch will be served at the Windjammer Café starting around noon, and you are free to tour the ship until the cabins are ready. Please keep in mind that the luggage delivery operations will run into the evening hours.
SOUTHERN ROCK CRUISE PROGRAMS
To help you better prepare for this Ultimate Tailgate At Sea, we have posted some of our shows and events on our website! We hope this enables you to better plan your days and schedule spa appointments and dining around the events you want to attend during the week. Check it regularly for any updates as we fine-tune our time at sea.
SOUTHERN ROCK CRUISE ATTIRE
In keeping with the spirit of the Southern Rock Cruise, the dress code is much more relaxed than a normal cruise. We want you to be comfortable! Please note that shirts, cover-ups and footwear are required in all indoor venues and indoor dining areas.
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
Our hospitality desk is located on Deck 4 Midship next to the Front Office. Our sales office is located on Deck 6 Midship in the Future Sales area. Hours will be listed in the daily programs delivered to your stateroom. Please stop by to say hello! It’s always great to put a face with a voice.
Other than drink service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc., have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping.”
ROYAL CARIBBEAN SMOKING POLICY
For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, this ship is designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests do smoke. Therefore, we have designated curtained areas of the ship as smoking areas.
Cigarette, cigar, e-cigarette and pipe smoking is permitted on Deck 5 starboard and Deck 12 starboard. Visible signage will be posted and ashtrays are provided for use. Casino Royale also allows smoking. All other interior spaces are smoke-free.
Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom and any stateroom balcony. Anyone who violates the ban on smoking in the staterooms will be charged a $250 cleaning fee.
Royal Caribbean reserves the right to modify the smoking policy onboard or later change the location where smoking is permissible at any time.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS
PREMIUM DINING OPTIONS
The Brilliance of the Seas offers a variety of options for dining. Reservations are recommended for premium restaurants and can be easily made through the Royal Caribbean website once you check-in online or from your stateroom once onboard.
MAIN DINING ROOM (INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE)
- On January 20th, you will be given your Seapass Card, which will either be silver (early dinner seating) or gold (late dinner seating).
- Early dining begins at 6:00 PM and late dining begins at 8:30 PM
- As both dinner seatings are completely full, we will be unable to accommodate any requests to switch your dining time.
- All seating in the dining room will be open, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the dining room to be seated
We are happy to announce Royal Caribbean will be adding one more beverage option…the deluxe beverage package is now open for purchase on their website. Simply log-in with your Royal Caribbean booking number to purchase the package of your choice. Please note, beverage packages cannot be shared and must be purchased by all guests in the cabin.
ONLINE BOOKING: SHORE EXCURSIONS
Once you have completed your online check-in, you can book excursions directly at Royal Caribbean. Choose your tour times, book tours and receive confirmation of your shore excursion reservations up until 5 days before sailing. Make your payment online and receive approximate tour departure times. Reservations made online receive priority handling and are processed prior to requests made on board. We recommend booking as early as possible because many of the popular excursions sell out quickly.
We have highlighted a few we think you may enjoy below.
- A Journey Back in Time-Cost $79 Per Person
- Half-day Trip in Time: Explore an 18th century estate—one of the best preserved in the country—and see Jamaican Georgian architecture.
- Famous Family Ties: The estate belonged to the Barrett family, whose most famous member was Victorian poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- Authentic Jamaican Snack: At the estate, indulge in jerk chicken, fresh fruits, lemonade, and rum punch.
- Treasures of Ocho Rios: Dunn's River Falls & Garden-Cost $79 Per Person
- Dunn's Rivers Falls: Climb your way to the top or simply watch as cascades of water trickle and tumble down domed-shaped, rocky banks and into the Caribbean.
- Shaw Park Gardens: Explore a beautiful botanical garden and learn how the estate was first owned by John Shaw, but became famous once the Pringle Family took over in the early 20th century.
- Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae- Cost $79 Per Person
- Bamboo Rafting: Ride on a 30-foot bamboo raft, along three miles of the Martha Brae River.
- Miss Martha’s Herb Garden: View a presentation of Jamaica’s herbs famous for their medicinal and healing properties.
- Aqua Tubing Adventure- Cost $59 Per Person
- Gentle rapids and comfortable inner tubes make this an exciting outdoor activity for
- Expert guides: Knowledgeable river guides keep you safe and entertained as you make your way downstream.
- Outdoor fun: Enjoy the lush landscape; swing from a rope over the river, plus go for a swim in the cool water.
George Town, Grand Cayman
- Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim Experience- Cost $99 Per Person
- Enjoy a fun day in George Town as you experience a dynamic swim alongside playful dolphins before freely exploring the island’s best natural attractions.
- Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel- Cost $79 Per Person
- Admire tropical fish and colorful coral while snorkeling at Coral Gardens Reef. Then your boat crew will transport you to the sandbar known as Stingray City to swim and feed gentle stingrays
- Turtle, Land And Sea Adventure-Cost $99 Per Person
- Discover some of the island’s leading landmarks and sights on a narrated drive plus a boat ride out to the Stingray City Sandbar. Land stops include a sea turtle facility and a town infamously named Hell